IFG Group History
In 1989, IFG Group plc commenced trading in financial services through its then subsidiaries IFG Securities Limited and IFG Finance Limited. Ordinary Shares were admitted to the Official List of the Irish Stock Exchange in 1996 as a primary listing and to the UK Listing Authority in 2000 as a secondary listing.
Development of Activities
Since 1989 IFG has developed financial services activities primarily through its subsidiaries in Ireland, the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and Jersey. Having successfully restructured the balance sheet and business portfolio in the early 2000s, the Group focussed on its core competencies and set about building highly stable, geographically diverse and long term revenue streams growing organically and by acquisition.
Major acquisitions include:
- Charles Cain & Co Limited (now renamed IFG International Limited), a corporate and trust management services company in the Isle of Man, and now operating as part of IFG International
- The Slater Group plc, whose UK trading business is now IFG Financial Services Limited, an independent financial advisor in the UK, was acquired in 1990.
- First National Trustee Company Limited, a company engaged in the provision of trustee services in the Isle of Man, now operating as part of IFG International, was acquired in 1992.
- Santhouse Whittington Actuarial Services, now incorporated into The IPS Partnership plc was acquired in 1997.
- Atlantique Trust Group, now trading as IFG Trust (Jersey) Limited, is part of IFG’s international and was acquired in 2000.
- Saunderson House Limited, which provides financial advisory services in the UK, was acquired in 2001.
- IPS Pensions Limited, a UK Pensioneer and Trustee company and a major provider of SIPPs in the market was acquired in 2002.
- Trade Credit Brokers Limited, providing domestic and export credit insurance, was acquired in 2002.
- Bank of Scotland Trust Company (International) Limited, a provider of trustee and company administration services, which now operate as part of IFG International, was acquired in 2005.
- Langtry Trust Company (Channel Islands) Limited a provider of corporate and trust services, under IFG Trust (Jersey) Limited and part of IFG International, was acquired in 2006.
- Gestinor AG, a Swiss company, a provider of fiduciary, trust and corporate services, is now operating as part of IFG International and was acquired in 2007.
- Excel-Serve Management Limited, based in Cyprus, a provider of specialist corporate services offering specialist trust and corporate structures operate as part of IFG International and was acquired in 2008.
- Nameridge Limited, providing corporate pensions advisory services and Pensco Limited (now renamed IFG Pensco Limited) a provider of pensions administration and consultancy services were acquired in 2008 and are part of IFG Ireland.
- James Hay Holdings Limited a provider of Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs) was acquired in 2010. The business is part of IFG UK and makes IFG one of the largest provider of bespoke SIPPs in the UK.